Interim Strategic Finance & Business Partnering
The business are going through massive structural and organisational change currently and this is a new team settuing up a new finance team offering business partnering and Financial planning
My client are an established, well known Public Sector client in Central Cardiff
This is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant with Public Sector/NFP experience who has lead on transformational change and has excellent Business Partnering skills.
reporting to the Head of Finance, this new role of Strategic Finance/Finance Business Partner will play a key part in re-shaping the organisation.
In the interim role, you will be accountable for:
- ensuring our organisation remains adequately and correctly funded as it changes status from a Trading Fund to central government
- developing business-facing finance competence to help the organisation make brilliant decisions in determining and delivering its business and strategic objectives
- championing Finance professionalism across the organisation and being the main link to the Finance profession in Government
- helping build up a new team of up to 5, including 2 direct reports
The key interim responsibilities are to:
- develop and implement a sustainable, strategic, financial model comprising 1/3/5-year comprehensive revenue and capital forecasts to inform the upcoming Spending Review, working with our sponsoring Government department BEIS and HM Treasury to ensure funding is provided to the organisation to deliver on its objectives.
- lead the provision of consistent, robust, strategic business partnering support to the organisation, developing the team to become exemplars in strategic financial management through business partnering
- collaborate on fees strategy and conduct regular fee structure and pricing reviews, including working with our sponsoring Government department BEIS and HM Treasury to agree
- build relationships and collaborate with other government departments and key stakeholders to ensure adequate funding of cross government initiatives
- provide insight to the Executive Leadership Team, Board and governance sub-committees on forward-looking business performance and the change portfolio including strategic workforce and workload planning and change investment appraisal and performance
- provide for the strategic development of finance across the organisation, building capability and maturity and embedding commercial acumen into non-Finance teams
- ensure smooth development and implementation of multi-year change initiatives from a finance perspective, driving collaboration from policy through to delivery
- act as Head of Profession, developing and providing visible leadership for the Finance profession, role-modelling positive behaviours, communicating key messages and providing a voice for the profession, keeping abreast of CPD needs for Finance, creating and maintaining a positive team culture with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Maintain and develop the Finance roadmap, identifying and working through interdependencies and monitor and report progress
- To serve as a member of the Finance senior leadership team role modelling exemplar behaviours and living the organisations values
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Have extensive financial management and business partnering experience within an SME business/the Civil Service.
- Have a good understanding of Central Government Supply Estimates and the Spending Review process.
- Have strong inter-personal skills with the ability to network and build relationships at all levels.
- Be very strong in financial/business planning, project accounting and analysis and budgeting.
- Be able to drive and implement positive change projects.
- Have strong organisational and people management skills.
- Be able to communicate complex financial analysis to non-financial people.
- Show understanding of business strategy, business processes and activities and the underlying cost drivers.
- Have good Excel skills (intermediate or advanced level).
An initial 6 month Interim assignment.
THIS ROLE IS IN SCOPE OF IR35 SO PAYE OR UMBRELLA COMPANIES ONLY
Salary c £250 - £400 per day