Abena, founded in 1953, is a Danish, family-owned manufacturer and wholesaler of health care solutions and related products headquartered in Aabenraa in Southern Denmark. The Abena Group, which is represented by subsidiaries in a long list of countries, supplies more than 25,000 products and operates in more than 60 countries across the globe.
The role is based within the UK operation in Coventry which supplies healthcare products throughout the UK. We are looking to recruit a dynamic Financial Controller to support managerial planning and commercial decision-making and assist with the day-to day running of the Finance Department.
Working closely with senior managers and the CEO the person will be responsible for the financial operations of the UK business. They will assist in planning and commercial decision-making by providing appropriate financial and non-financial information and undertaking related analysis. The role has real scope and possibility to progress into the role of Finance Director for the right person.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Producing documents for, and positively contributing to, the monthly Board meetings both within the UK and with the Danish Head Office
- Building financial models to improve the accuracy of the company budgeting & forecasting process
- Provide and facilitate strategic focus for the business and its senior members
- Actively participate and contribute to the information required for client Tender processes
- Review and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Produce monthly management accounts including prepayments, accruals, depreciation etc.
- Manage, coach and motivate an established Finance team of 2 people
- Working with Product Managers on pricing and margin analysis
- Producing the annual budget and reforecasts
- Leading and managing the year end Audit Process
The successful individual will be a qualified (ACA / CIMA/ ACCA) finance professional ideally with experience in the retail or distribution sector.
They will be a dynamic person, someone who is able to deliver value in a growing business and is excited to gain wider experience in an organisation with an international footprint.
They will be able to present the current financial position of the business in a clear manner and provide confidence to the Head Office of the future direction of the business and the strategic pathways it will follow.
They will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and will be a supportive and active member of the team comfortable communicating with all levels of personnel.
They will be competent in using Microsoft Excel and SAP.
They will be a good all-rounder with excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
They will have the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A negotiable salary based on qualification and experience
- Real opportunity for progression towards the role of Finance Director
- Employee benefits/rewards programme
- Company Pension scheme
*Part-time/Flexible working will be considered for the right candidate*