- Monitor/review overall audit/review/investigation/ special assignment of audit and preparation of audit reports within budgeted timelines provided by firm.
- Review / validate "Risk Assessment Data of Business" and preparation of "Risk Assessment and Planning" sheet of auditable entities.
- Discuss audit observations with audit and obtain management comments on these observations. Escalate critical issues that warrant immediate action with Management through coordination with firm.
- Review work of subordinates to assure that audit work has been properly documented; working papers include adequate audit evidence and work has been performed as per audit program.
- Consolidation of exceptions according to their significance and Recommend Audit Rating for the auditable entity.
- Prepare a draft report/report for review, by the senior management of the firm.
- Ensure that working paper file is adequately prepared for archiving.
- Continually assess work being performed for greater efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Analyze issues identified during engagements/ assignments, establish root cause with full reasons behind breakdowns in controls and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Ensure compliance of regulators approved policies, guidelines, manuals, procedures etc. and government laws and regulations, ISA's standards etc. to make audit activity effective.
- Brief team members on their particular areas to provide effective coaching throughout the assignment to ensure the work is appropriate.
- Sign-off working papers in the ‘Working Paper File' to evidence preparation/review of fieldwork.
- Periodic or Surprise Inspection of stock held with the audit clients as security or given in audit master data or given in clients approved policies, guidelines, manuals and procedures etc.
- Be alert for new developments and assess their significance/implication as to audit procedures. Initiate new ideas and discuss with senior members/counterparts for their implementation/escalation for decision.