Financial Services Audit Assistant Manager
• Proactively maintain role and client relationship all year round on portfolio clients.
• Full responsibility for all aspects of planning from resourcing to managing partners to and Vantage to client. This includes (the following is not a comprehensive list): o Perform the planning of the audit on larger clients and highlight key risk areas for manager attention. Delegate work to other seniors where applicable. o Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members. o Supervise and aid in the production of the Client Audit Plan to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client alongside the manager. o Prepare summary highlighting main issues noted in the planning and key risk areas, taking into account all Group companies. o Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit. o Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately o Completion of Financial Statements and closedown of audit files o Draft audit committee report or other feedback to management and take a role in its delivery.
• Manage a portfolio of clients, ensuring timely communication with the client of assignment scope, audit timetables, fees and engagement terms
• Review audit/assignment file during fieldwork stage and on completion, raising notes and resolving issues on a timely basis
• Control financial aspects including budgeting and recovery
• Training of audit staff - both on the job and formal courses
• Look for opportunities to offer additional services to existing clients and convert opportunities for new clients. Assist in proposal preparation. The Requirements Essential
• ACA, CA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or international equivalent is essential
• It is essential that candidates be technically up to date in both UK GAAP and IFRS.
• Experience of leading Audits, from planning through to completion within an accountancy practice is essential.
• Experience in leading Audits for Financial Services clients is essential Desirable
• Able to demonstrate initiative and find solutions to problems which may not have been encountered before