Accounts Payable Team Leader
This large organsiation based all over the UK is currently searching for an Accounts Payable Team Leader to join the business.
Our client is a large well known organisation based in Chichester.
- To ensure the efficient and timely processing of Accounts Payable invoices in the shared Service Centre.
- Liaise with the onsite contact manager to ensure the service is delivering to meet the client's needs and the requirements of the contract.
- Deal with queries arising from either suppliers or retained Council staff in a prompt and informative manner.
- Manage monthly CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) submissions to HMRC & issuing of statements to CIS contractors where applicable.
- Ensure appropriate reporting is in place to identify any potential issues arising with the payment of suppliers.
- Ensure agreed monthly KPI's are met with weekly monitoring
- Collate all KPI monthly results liaising with other Finance Managers and obtaining commentary when required.
- Provide management cover in the absence of other managers within the team and assist with planning and organisation of work and the provision of a professional service. To assist the team with application of regulations, checking work and resolving complex issues as a technical specialist with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the service and regulations.
- Coordinate and carry out systems testing to include data preparation, testing and feedback to the manager responsible.
- Ensure comprehensive process and procedure notes are kept, and are updated as and when required.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects, identifying customer needs to ensure that the business area can continue to provide the required service.
- Undertake client meetings relating to project communications and produce communications as required to ensure awareness of project delivery.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Ability to work in an organised manner and work to deadlines.
- Team Leader management including appraisals
- Able to set up and maintain simple spreadsheets, word process and enter data in database systems.
- Knowledge of financial systems would be an advantage although not essential as training and guidance will be provided.
- Positive 'can do' attitude with a commitment to deliver excellent service to customers.
There may be the requirement for travel to other sites to engage with the onsite teams.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, with ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of modern office working.
Up to £28,000 + additional benefits