Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper
Global Hedge Fund based in Mayfair, London is expanding its finance team and hiring an Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper to support the team of two Qualified Accountants.
Global Hedge Fund trading in forex, commodities and derivatives with offices globally.
This is a broad role helping with the accounting and tax requirements of the company and duties include:
- Processing purchase invoices and weekly payments runs
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Recording cash payments and receipts
- Bank reconciliations across multiple accounts
- Reviewing credit card expenses in line with company policy
- Maintaining accruals and prepayment schedules
- Posting journals
- Fixed assets register
- Support wider finance team with reporting and projects
Ideally you will have the AAT qualification and have strong previous expertise working in a similar role.
Stable career history
Strong team focus and willingness to learn
Diligent and proactive and able to prioritise work.
Building relationships at all levels.
Good Excel skills.
Knowledge of Quickbooks and Concur not essential but a bonus.
Financial Services or Professional Services background preferred.
Excellent benefits package including annual bonus, free breakfast and lunch daily, non contributory pension, 25 days annual leave, Private Health and Dental and free on-site gym classes. Study support will be provided if required.