It's rewarding to work at a company where YOU make a difference!
If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment, you'll thrive at Tech Data!
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team here at our Basingstoke office. This will be a fixed-term contract for 6 months with the potential of a permanent position. The role will be providing support to Senior Financial Analyst on all aspects of Financial Reporting and Management Accounting for the Tech Data division.
- Processing of expenses claims through our concur system
- Supporting the co-ordination of the AP function
- Processing and banking cheques
- Processing and scanning documents
- Timely notification to sales and customers their customer rebate positions
- Timely settlement of customer rebates payments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigation and resolution of items on financial statements
- Put in place processes to enable accurate and timely reporting of Tech Data contractual arrangements
- SOX work and documentation
- Audit queries coming from external or internal auditors
- Integrity of financial transactions in the Nominal Ledger
- Adherence to Tech Data accounting policies and US/UK GAAP
- Continuous improvement in month-end close and other items of work
- P&L analysis
- Ad hoc queries as required from time to time
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Strong system skills, preferably to include advanced Excel and Access
- Experience in setting up systems and processes to account for new revenue streams
- Studying towards a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous Finance department experience in med./large business (>£50m T/O)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of UK and US GAAP
- Knowledge of SAP