Senior Credit Controller
A fantastic opportunity for a sole Senior Credit Controller to join a rapidly expanding and CV enhancing recruitment company in a brilliant London location. If you are experienced in dealing with high value ledgers and confident dealing with queries then we have the job for you! This role will also eventually be supervising an Accounts Assistant that will do credit control 3 days a week and this person will report into the successful candidate.
Page are proud to represent this hugely successful recruitment company. They are a specialist provider of staff within the public sector, anything from care and support to education and all associated business support functions. They are looking for a Senior Credit Controller to join their accountancy team in the heart of London.
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis by phone and email in order to obtain payment for invoices - the ledger has a value of £3M as it stands
- Liaising with the billings team, the recruitment consultants and wider accountancy teams
- Allocating payments received into our factoring bank account on a daily basis. Payments are allocated onto our accounting system Sage - eventually this will become a duty of the person that you supervise
- Log onto our client's online timesheet/invoice portals to obtain remittances for payments, as well as generating invoices for certain clients on a daily to weekly basis
- Complete credit checks via Credit Safe site on any new clients to verify they are in a position to maintain payments on their invoices
- Investigate and deal with all queries relating to invoices, be it rates, hours worked etc
- Deposit client cheques on a weekly basis
- Dealing with the aged debt
- Experience in a supervisory role is essential
- Able to use initiative and take ownership
- Experience dealing with a high value ledger is essential - one similar to the existing ledger in this role (£3M)
- Sage experience is desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in the recruitment industry or a similar service industry is essential
- Confident handling queries and not just escalating them
- Clear and concise updates
- At least 2 years experience as a Senior Credit Controller
- Able to work in London
A competitive salary and a brilliant opportunity to join a growing recruitment company. Building a team that is stable and secure is very important to this company so please do not apply if you see this as a stepping stone. Also please do not apply if you do not have the required accountancy experience.