A permanent Management Accountant job paying £30-35k for an organisation in Worcester.
£30,000-35,000 per annum
Mon-Thurs (8-5) and Fri (8-1)
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a globally recognised manufacturing organisation to recruit a Management Accountant to join their team based in Worcester.
My client is a market leader within their industry and have strong relationships with leading suppliers across the world. With years of experience behind them, this company is at the forefront of innovation and constantly looking for new ways to grow.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be required to produce monthly management accounts, budgeting, forecasting and balance sheet reconciliations whilst providing advice and support to Business Managers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts on a timely basis
- Weekly flash results
- Provide financial analysis and daily reports for the management team
- Production of monthly operational KPIs
- Ensure accounting policies are adhered to and that controls meet statutory requirements
- Assist in the compilation of monthly journals for cost movements, accruals and prepayments etc.
- Posting to general ledger
- Ensure accurate coding of all P&L and balance sheet transactions
- Control and journal all stock movements
- Analysis of inventory and E&O provisions
- Prepare stock analysis and reconciliation schedules
- Reconciliation of control accounts
- Control of standard cost changes and manufacturing variances
- Assist with the compilation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Checking and monitoring of employee expenses
- Monthly Intrastat and freight reporting
- Assist in preparation and running of stock takes
- Ad hoc project work
What you'll need to succeed
- Part-qualified CIMA or a minimum of 4 years Management Accounts experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of an accounts package on a mainframe
- Excellent Excel skills
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to change and proactively manage busy workloads
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.