Senior Financial Accountant
Leading Public sector organisation.
A challenging and rewarding technical management role.
This is a well-established organisation with a fantastic reputation for training, development and progression. They offer flexible working as part of their open support for a positive work-life balance. They are looking for a technically minded senior accountant to join their management team.
- To provide financial advice as required.
- To provide analysis on the financial position of the organisation to support decision making and risk management.
- To provide accurate and timely financial reporting internally and externally.
- To have ownership of the cash forecasting and loan covenants.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards and regulations ensuring the impact of any changes is interpreted, reviewed and applied in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and managing a list of financial risks and opportunities.
- Work with senior teams across the company to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Qualification or equivalent experience demonstrating proficiency of MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook).
- Extensive post-qualification experience in a complex organisation.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise across technical accounting, business partnering, and financial strategy development.
- Experience designing and implementing controls.
- Experience leading a team in financial and statutory reporting for a multi billion business.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards and regulations; ensuring the impact of any changes is interpreted, reviewed and applied in a timely manner.
- Reporting and presentations to Board / Audit Committee level.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise, delegate and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Intermediate Excel Skills essential (Pivot Tables, Lookup Formulas).
- Experience support systems implementations.