Head of Management Accounting
Opportunity to join an award-winning finance team in West London as Head of Management Accounting. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for providing monthly management reporting, regular forecasts and annual budgeting. You will facilitate effective decision-making and ensure that value is added through your analysis and interpretation of results.
A non-ministerial government agency associated with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Located in West London.
As Head of Management Accounting you will:
- Partner with the business at all levels, including building positive relationships with Director and Head of Department level as well as working effectively with the Head of Finance and Head of Financial Accounting.
- Directly line manage, motivate and support a team of 5 Management Accountants
- Lead the annual business planning process as well as the production of quarterly forecasts, ensuring major variances are properly explained and working with the business area to identify remedial actions where necessary
- Generate a mid-quarter forecast to accompany the monthly management accounts
- Liaise with the Financial Accounting team to ensure accuracy of year-end reporting and compliance with company policy
- Support decision-making through analysis of operational and financial data, supporting the Head of Finance with ad hoc analysis where required
- Other duties including risk management
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CIPFA) with at least 2 years post qualification experience. Excellent line management skills are essential, including a proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team. The successful candidate will also have the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate, to build trust-based relationships and collaborate across the organisation. You must also have demonstrable analytical skills and solid finance system skills, including advanced Excel.
Competitive salary package, Civil Service pension, childcare vouchers, access to on-site gym, generous annual leave, flexible working, continuous training and development.
(Head of Management Accounting - Public Sector and Government - London)