Trainee Accountant – Commercial Finance
About the Role
We’re looking for a Trainee Accountant to join our Commercial Finance team. As a Trainee Accountant, you will support the Commercial Finance team through the provision of relevant, timely and accurate information. You will be within the engine room of the team enabling improved decision making across the business.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to understand how a business works bottom-up and provides an enthusiastic graduate with the perfect start point on their career in business.
- Support a highly motivated group of commercial finance managers with their support across the business.
- Proactively manage your diary across a number of different tasks and be agile in your way of thinking to ensure seamless delivery across the team.
- Building effective relationships across the business is essential to complementing the analysis you will be involved with.
- Think through problems and propose solutions for discussion across the team.
- Maintenance and production of daily/weekly/monthly KPI & Sales Reports issued to the business including commentary as appropriate.
- Month-end routines including commentary, analysis, accruals, prepayments & reconciliation.
- Track record of excellent academic achievement.
- Highly numerate
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Detailed and analytical approach
- Independent thinker
- Adaptable to a changing environment
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.