giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It`s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
giffgaff is a fast-growing mobile network. Our business model is unique - we take a highly collaborative approach with our members who help (and are rewarded for helping) across all areas of the business. Our vibrant online community, online platform and immense value proposition are key to our success. We do not have a retail footprint or expensive call centres, so we can pass these savings straight on to our members in a way that no other telecoms business does.
As a lean organisation, our team is built of people who are multi-skilled, highly motivated and flexible - if that sounds you like you we`d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but every day, yes, even on Monday mornings. Every person who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be Financial Analyst in a small dynamic team.
Key deliverables will include:
- Taking a key role in month-end close, preparing journals and undertaking reconciliations
- Assisting with capital expenditure processes and reporting
- Preparing VAT returns, and VAT journal calculations
- Forecasting revenue and cost
- Developing and implementing reporting on key payment metrics to support decision making
- Assisting with internal and external audits and the preparation of statutory accounts where appropriate
- Business partnering with functional leads to optimise purchase order process
- Ad hoc tasks to help support the team and the rest of the business
giffgaff is looking for someone to grow, who can learn and accept greater responsibility as they develop. We are looking for someone who is happy operating in a continuously changing environment and is comfortable with uncertainty. The role would suit a recent graduate.
- You are looking to complete an accounting qualification (CIMA/ ACCA).
- You have a very inquisitive brain. You ask ‘why’ a lot.
- You can’t wait to get stuck in and are eager to do a great job on everything you do.
- Desire to innovate & experiment. You are the sort of person who never accepts things just as they are – you always look to improve things and bring your own ideas to the table.
- When there are inconsistencies, you can work through the task in a logical manner and explain your method.
- You’re willing to learn how to manipulate complex spreadsheets and use tool such as SQL Server to perform data analysis.
- Ability to explain complex numerical problems to someone who is not an expert.
- Humility, sense of humour, charisma, customer focus and great teamwork skills.
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits.
Our commitment to flexible working allows us to consider requests for part-time and flexible working hours to be options for this role.