Finance Business Partner
Leading University in the east midlands.
A dynamic and exciting commercial accountant role.
This University is a world leader for innovation and Technology, delivering exceptional research that changes lives in the UK and across the world. They are nationally recognised for outstanding teaching, research, engagement with employers and student satisfaction. This inevitably attracts students from over 130 countries, many who go on to become dynamic leaders.
- Working alongside the lead business partner to put together strategies which target the Quality, Product and Operations cost base, effectively improving performance.
- Become a trusted advisor and influencer amongst key stakeholders.
- Take the lead in supporting operations with all budgeting and forecasting and challenge assumptions
- Review all monthly management accounts
- Build relationships with senior budget holders and act as a business partner
- Refine management accounts and coding to better support good financial management
- Provide business insight to managers across the organisation to drive financial improvement initiatives
- Communicate key conclusions to senior management
You will be fully qualified with a recognised accounting body (ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA or equivalent). You will hold strong budgeting, forecasting and management reporting skills that can be evidenced through experience. Business partnering is a key element of the role and therefore the ability to communicate with non-finance and finance stakeholders at all levels is essential. Someone who is comfortable working independently, you will be open to innovative and creative solutions to problems and will be unafraid to suggest new ways of doing things to improve the effectiveness of the service you provide. High competency using Excel is required, specifically working with large data sets to write and develop reporting.
- Salary: £47,000-£54,000
- Additional benefits to be discussed.