Finance Manager - Controls
Finance Manager required for organisation in central Leeds.
Your new company
Finance Manager required within the "controls" department of a leading organisation in central Leeds.
Your new role
This is a critical Finance role within the controls division, the core purpose of which is to drive Finance regulatory policy, processes, governance and controls across all areas of the company, with a particular focus on systems controls and appropriate authorities management. At a time of significant systems and technology development within the organisation, this high profile role will drive the compliance change agenda with truly global exposure.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager for Compliance, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Establishing consistent Finance governance and controls frameworks, and ensuring their effective implementation and operation
- Maintaining robust and regular controls reviews across finance processes through regular reporting, ensuring integrity of data and the resolution of any issues arising
- Leading the operational finance change management review process, ensuring all BAU process changes are appropriately reviewed and signed off by key finance stakeholders prior to implementation
- Owning the access and approvals processes for finance systems, ensuring the application of core segregation of duties across all finance processes and systems
- Liaising with IT to provide support for the annual external IT Controls audit with regard to user access and segregation of duties
- Becoming the primary liaison point on our bank administration activities, supporting the global finance teams with their use of key banking platforms and managing related communications with our core banking institutions
- Taking a leading role within Finance with regard to our firmwide Business Continuity management programme
What you'll need to succeed
- a strong background in finance, finance systems and finance processes
- experience in audit, risk or controls governance
- a good working knowledge of the end-to-end operational controls within a finance environment, covering cash management, billing, accounts payable and working capital.
- experience of operating within a regulated or professional services environment
- confidence working within a fast paced changing environment across complex entities, jurisdictions and systems
- experience of operating within a highly effective team and as a line manager
What you'll get in return
A great opportunity to work within a well respected organisation, within a high profile role offering a competitive salary and benefit package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.