The role will involve managing the finances of and providing support in relation to a subsidiary based off site but with depots across the UK. You will be reporting to the Group Project Accountant but with extensive engagement with the CFO, Business MDs and the rest of the divisional management teams this role has become available due to the previous incumbent moving on outside the Group.
My client is a leading organisation in the business services sector based in Caerphilly. They are looking for a candidate with good analytical and problem solving skills and with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Providing support to the locally based finance staff
- 4-weekly close-down the accounting system
- Preparation of management accounts through to MD sign-off and submission
- Periodic reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Reviewing controls and processes
- Continuous improvements where necessary
- Maintenance of the subsidiary's general ledger and stock system
- Providing commercial support to the senior managers of the subsidiary
- Preparing cash flow forecasts
- Liaising with the auditors for the annual audit
- Preparing and viewing VAT and EC sales information
- Preparing and distributing, daily, weekly and periodic reports as required
- Developing financial reports as required
- Assisting the finance business partner with budget preparation and forecasts
The successful candidate will:
- Be studying towards a recognised professional accounting (ACCA/CIMA)
- At least 2 years of practical experience of accounting and/or banking/book keeping procedures
- Have experience within a commercial role
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables/V Lookups)
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings.
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Free on-site lunch
- Free parking and easy Public Transport links
- Excellent progression opportunities within the business