Finance Manager - Operations
Finance Manager - operational position looking after the UK and assisting the overseas subsidiaries.
Your new company
A multinational business based in Maidenhead
Your new role
Finance Manager - operational position looking after the UK entity and assisting the overseas subsidiaries with consolidated revenues of circa $300-500 million depending on the economic cycle
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified chartered accountant (ICAEW or ACCA or similar equivalent from overseas)
Experience at similar level as Finance Manager or Finance Controller.
Exposure and aptitude towards commerce and trade, good communication skills, active and agile.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS AND LEDGER
- Reconciliation reviews
- Interaction with in-territory country Finance Managers regarding outstanding issues in the books which are operationally managed by the territories
- Approve postings and entries to SAP
- Review and approve monthly offshore accounts for each territory prior to remit to territory
- Review of SAP management account upload to corporate reporting system (Hyperion Financial Management or HFM) including clearing validations, allocations, accuracy and approval for HFM promotion.
- Review of territory Budgets (onshore, UK and consolidation) prepared by FM's for accuracy, omissions, consolidation adjustments, prior to capture to HFM
- Assist in capture to HFM and clearing of validations, allocations, accuracy
EXPATRIATE PAYROLL AND RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN
- Oversee the receipt of expatriate documentation from HR related particularly to new joiners - accuracy, completeness
- Review and approve monthly spreadsheets for pension contributions to the pension provider
- Policies and Process documentation and procedures
- Interact with pension provider, trustee firm and payroll provider as appropriate - queries, updated documentation, agreements
- Discussions with territories on the terms of the business booked via UK entity directly to customers - pricing, customers, payment (L/C's)
- Review draft contracts prepared by territories - customers/ad hoc
- Governance - new customers, new suppliers
- Assist with UK legal, tax and accounting aspects of complex transactions
- Review daily cash balances and projected inflows/outflows
- Foreign payments and receipts - approve purchases/sales of foreign currencies to meet payments due or to convert foreign currency receipts to USD
- Manage Letters of Credit for incoming payments
- Approve payments
- Initiate bank guarantees
- Interact with Group Tax regarding Transfer Pricing reports and documentation
- Review transfer pricing reports (local files) prepared by Group Tax for subsidiaries and UK entity
- Calculate tax in monthly management accounts and Statutory Accounts (for review by Corporate FM)
- Manage year-end finalisation on HFM
- Manage audit pack completion and auditor sign-off
- Assist with Statutory Accounts preparation
- Liaise with external auditors on operational level
- Participate in audit committee and Board of directors meetings
- Prepare and/or review materials and minutes of meetings
- Participate in International Retirement Savings Fund governance and meetings
- Manage a team of 2 accountants
- Prepare balanced scorecards and training plans
- Engage proactively with the team and provide required development opportunities and coaching/mentoring
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.