Finance Business Partner
Opportunity to join a large financial services business based in Bristol. The role would suit a strong Senior Finance Business Partner with the ability to build strong relationships with high level stake holders.
Global Financial Services business with a large presence in Bristol. Following some recent changes the business is going through some interesting change projects and require a Senior Finance Business Partner to support and manage from a financial point of view.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Finance Business Partner:
- As a trusted advisor to assigned Business Unit Director(s) and their senior teams, understand and influence strategic direction of the Business Unit, from a commercial finance perspective
- Manage the quarterly Shared Services group planning process. This includes collating input form global finance colleagues, managing the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process as well as ensuring stakeholder engagement into the planning process, to meet the wider group deadlines
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues to ensure management accounts accurately reflect the performance of the Business Unit
- Support key business & investment decisions with scoping requirements, analysing issues, developing options and enabling appropriate decision making based on strategic business need
- Drive financial performance and business activity, communicating performance and business planning reporting, advising on trends and opportunities
- Leading insightful and proactive risk management processes, highlighting sensitivities & risks and delivering timely, accurate and granular reporting and commentary of performance, linking business drivers to actual spend and forecast
- Working with the Business to identify and drive through opportunities for efficiencies using analytical insight and exploring needs with internal customers and suppliers and utilising this information to improve business results showing significant commercial and business acumen
- As an SME, lead finance work streams of large projects, providing business cases, financial modelling, tracking and reporting as required
- Prepare a range of presentations for key finance review meetings with stakeholders
- Responsible for continuous improvement in Finance processes and capabilities, including coaching & governance
- Bring innovative ideas forward for how to improve Finance's capabilities in supporting the business
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of Finance Business Partnering
- Experienced communicator, including presentation, oral & written skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of corporate business context
- Experienced at writing reports, business cases and presentations
- Experience of using financial systems to support business decision making (budgeting, forecasting & modelling)
- Excellent knowledge of applicable regulation