Graduate Accounts Assistant
- Full time Monday - Friday.
- Sociable hours 9:00 - 17:30.
- Report to an experienced Financial Controller.
- Fantastic location in London.
- Accessible from both Overground and Underground (Clapham).
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Great opportunity for development in Accountancy and Finance.
My client is a rapidly expanding international retailer proving design led party products. Sell 1000 products - world wide out of their London ,New York and Shanghai Offices.
An opportunity has arisen in their Accountancy department for an all-round Accounts assistant, predominantly assisting with the accounts receivable and credit control for the London subsidiary as well as with accounts payable tasks.
Key responsibilities for this Graduate Accounts Assistant role include:
- Daily sales ledger tasks: sales invoices including via EDI and Portals, credit notes and refunds for both UK and US companies.
- Processing monies in via cheque/BACS/card payments and processing card payments and refunds. Multiple currencies GBP EUR USD.
- Developing Credit Control including monthly customer statements, telephone contact and letters.
- Record - Keeping of Credit Control notes and reporting to monthly manager, agents/sales rep and account managers.
- Manage Amazon accounts for both International and UK and other major customer portals.
- Maintain Aged Debtor ledger: Small balance/exchange difference write offs/matching off zero balances & payments on account.
- Reconcile internet/credit card payments received against bank statement and payment portal.
The successful Graduate Accounts Assistant candidate will have the following attributes:
- Be a team player.
- Microsoft office including Excel skills essential.
- Good organisation skills with an attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines.
- A proactive approach and initiative.
- Fantastic energy, comfortable in fast paced environments.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- An interest in the retail sector would be beneficial.
Brilliant Benefits Package is available to the Graduate Accounts Assistant role. These include but are not limited to:
- Sports teams including, Football and Rugby Team.
- Cinema and book clubs.
- Attendance to conferences and forums beneficial to development such as Short Business courses.
- Performance based Incentives within the company offering extra holiday and Dinners.
- Costco membership card.
- Fruit, cereal and coffee in the office.
Please do not apply if you do not relevant Accountancy and Finance experience as your application will not be considered.