An excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to you this growing science and research business set in the heart of Cambridge. The Accounts Assistant will play an integral and hands on role in the business, having responsibility across both ledgers as well as bookkeeping duties. You will also be assisting the finance team in the continued development of internal processes and system changes.
This Science and Research business have seen continued growth in the sector which has created the need for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the team. A business who puts the employee at the centre of everything they do which creates a fantastic working environment within their Cambridge location.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Credit Control
- Control of the Purchase Ledger, ensuring its timely and accurate processing
- Processing purchase invoices, matching to orders and goods receipts
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Producing monthly BACS payment runs
- Allocation of payments
- Ownership of the Sales Ledger
- Allocation of receipts
- Resolving any queries raised by customers
- Assisting with on-going system improvements and developments
- Any ad hoc duties as needed
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant will be:
- An AAT qualification or equivalent at level 3 or above
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both with external and internal contacts
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- Team worker with a flexible working approach
The successful candidate for the position will be joining an established and growing Science and Research business where they can have a direct impact on the success on the business. Working from the Cambridge location the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.