Commercial Accountant/Business Partner
A supply chain and manufacturing division of a UK retail PLC. Accountant £40,000
Your new company
A supply chain and manufacturing division of a UK retail PLC.
You will be supporting the delivery of company-wide transactions and processes supporting the overall strategic objectives. As well as delivering finance and business performance, ensuring that your thinking is customer first in all aspects of your role, improving processes and outputs through simplifying tasks.
Your new role
- Identify financial risks and opportunities for departments so that managers across the business can respond to them on a timely basis.
- Retain a customer focus through daily routines
- Participate in projects based on providing expertise and support for improving business processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stores and internal stakeholders, to understand and meet their needs.
- Consult with managers across the business to understand requirements and identify opportunities to speed up and simplify.
- Continually focusing on simplifying and improving processes.
- Produce budgets for key financial metrics.
- Input into financial processes in line with controls and risk appetite.
- Understand the environment of the area in which they work and implications of changes.
- Provide variance analysis and trending techniques to measure performance against budget, forecasts and business cases.
- Support a continuous improvement culture focusing on service, costs, cash flow by contributing in joint problem solving. Generate your own ideas for improvement and drive through to delivery.
- Produce periodic forecasts to enable managers across the business to understand the implications of current spend behaviours on the full year.
What you'll need to succeed
- A professional qualification of CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases such as Oracle
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of having to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Previous experience of supporting the delivery of finance plans
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary of c£40,000
- Company bonus of 5%
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Company discount
- My perks (Various retail discounts)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.