Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Your new company
Your new company are a very well known brand and are looking for a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Your new role will be to underpin the delivery of the site goals, by ensuring that all resources are in the right place at the right time, performing to the required standard.
Ensure all purchase orders and purchase invoices are accurately treated in accordance with Financial Regulations, Policies, HM Revenue and Customs and conditions set.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- Day-to-day supervision of Purchase Ledger Administrators and Assistants.
- Responsible for the scheduling and raising of all purchase orders.
- Liaison with the Procurement Team to ensure the approved supplier base may deliver optimal cost saving opportunities.
- Provide support and performing a liaison role with suppliers related to orders produced via the system.
Day to day responsibility for the following:
- Set up and maintenance of supplier contracts within the system as required by the Procurement function.
- Processing of non-catalogue requisitions once approved to purchase orders.
- Administration and control of issue of procurement and purchasing credit cards including staff training
- Ensuring the GRN process is operated effectively for all transactions.
- Monthly production and reconciliation of control reports between modules.
- Weekly BACS payment run to pay staff, students and suppliers.
- Correct identification and process of invoices to be treated as prepayments for accounting purposes.
- Resolution of issues of purchase invoices placed on hold
- Generation and processing of all foreign payments and foreign bank transfers.
- Payments of awards for scholarship and subsequent maintenance of records.
- Responsible for validation and verification of authorisation of purchase invoices within the framework of the regulations.
- Deputise for the Financial Operations Manager with regard to Purchase Ledger in their absence.
- Assist in the maintenance and developments of the Finance System.
- To participate in the appraisal process and take responsibility for identifying your own professional and career development needs.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Financial Operations Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be AAT qualified or equivalent experience and have experience of supervisory of a purchase ledger function in a previous role. You will be have the ability to demonstrate the above experience at interview level. You will be a self starter with a 'can-do' attitude and have enthusiasm and passion to lead and guide a team.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £24,000 per annum and 32 days annual leave, on site parking and a fantastic team and environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.