Finance Assistant - Up to £25000 - West End - Brand Insight and Strategy Agency
Your new company
This new and exciting role is working for one of the most successful and fastest growing brand insight and strategy agencies, with revenues increasing 25% year on year. The offices are modern making it a lovely environment to work in alongside a friendly team, located in the West End.
Your new role
This amazing role is suited for you if you are looking to take your first steps onto the career ladder and are eager to learn. This amazing role will support each part of the team and full training will be given, allowing you to progress and learn new skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accounts payable duties:
- Ensuring all expenditure is in line with Sparkler's Expense Policy
- Setting up new suppliers on Sage
- Obtaining signature authorisation for purchase invoices and credit notes
- Posting purchase invoices and credit notes and staff expenses onto Sage
- Ensuring project expenditure is in line with project budgets
- Maximising recoverability of VAT and ensuring correct VAT coding of transactions
- Reconciling supplier statements and liaising with suppliers in relation to discrepancies, payment, and any general queries
- Processing multi-currency payments to ensure all suppliers, staff expenses, etc, are paid in a timely manner
- Processing credit card expenditure on Sage
- Accounts receivable duties:
- Setting up new clients on Sage
- Raising sales invoices and credit notes
- Ensuring correct VAT coding of sales invoices and credit notes
- Allocating sales invoices and credit notes to projects
- Chasing internal account leads for purchase orders
- Credit control
- Multi-currency petty cash and incentive management
- Signing out cash
- Ensuring prompt return of receipts / respondent signature forms / cash
- Posting of cash expenditure on Sage
- Monthly reconciliations
- Multi-currency bank posting and bank reconciliations
- Maintaining Finance Mailbox under an Inbox Zero approach
- Finance filing
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by Accountant and Finance Director
What you'll need to succeed
The company want you to be a motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude. You need to have excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to share ideas and knowledge. Ideally you will have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment. For this role strong excel skills are vital, including confidence in V look up and Pivot table functions.
What you'll get in return
This job will provide the opportunity to work in a great company environment with a supportive and like-minded team. The company offer competitive salaries and benefits including 25 days holiday, free breakfast every friday, free tickets and a 10% bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.