The Treasury Assistant role will suit someone who has come from an Assistant Accountant background who's used to carrying out high volumes of bank / account reconciliations and cash flow work.Similarly, if you're AAT qualified and partly studying your ACCA / CIMa, this would also suit.
It requires someone who enjoys working in a fast pace environment, enjoys and challenge and has a driven personality. You'll be fully supported by a friendly team.
My client is centrally based, has a friendly finance team, adapts well with change and are a reputable consultancy business. Thsi ever- changing environment will ensure you're constantly learning and developing your skills.
Key responsibilities of the Treasury Assistant:
- Day to day management of Corporate bank accounts. This will include all matters of banking administration including making payments, reviewing current credit facilities and updating mandates/ account information as required as well as building rapport with our banking partners in your day to day interactions;
- Regularly liaising with team members across all business functions to ensure a sound understanding of the Group's cash requirements;
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner to review and develop sound processes/ procedures that will improve the efficiency, effectiveness and enhance best practice of the Finance function whilst minimising administration and supporting future business growth;
- Providing reports/ financial information tailored to the needs of senior members of staff in the business which, in turn, allow informed and strategically sound decisions to be made;
- Being able to effectively identify and proactively deal with emerging business risks;
- Carry out any other project or administration functions required on an ongoing and adhoc basis.
- Develop a solid understanding of our key business areas, working with and supporting key transaction functions during the month end process
The Successful candidate:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Essential
- Experience working in a professional environment Essential
- Finance Background Essential
- Experience in working with Great Plains (GP) Desirable
- Sound numerical ability and proficiency in IT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Exert confidence and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Proactive and ambitious
What is on offer?
Competitive salary, positive working environment and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career.