A growing manufacturing organisation in Derbyshire are looking to appoint a Management Accountant. £45,000
Your new company
A growing manufacturing organisation in Derbyshire are looking to appoint a Management Accountant.
Your new role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce monthly management accounts including accrual and prepayment journals.
- Preparation of monthly finance packs for the Financial Director.
- Compile monthly business reports for the management team
- Update the monthly financial projections for actual results
- Preparation of the consolidated Group accounts and board pack for the Financial Director
- Daily banking and update of daily cash flow projections report
- Produce daily sales and invoice reports and send to relevant personnel including the management team when sales ledger administrators are on annual leave or off sick
- Complete pre-invoicing checks prior to daily invoicing to prevent any avoidable errors when sales ledger administrator is on annual leave or off sick
- Generating monthly slow and obsolete products (SLOBS) report for distribution to the management team.
- ERP superuser and development coordinator acting as the first point of contact for any ERP queries.
- Preparation of audit packs and reconciliations for the external auditors.
- Analysis of monthly operational statistics and trends including the review of raw material usage variances and maintenance variances.
- Conducting research, analysis and support in respect of special ad hoc projects for Financial Director as required.
- To understand and adhere to Company policies and procedures which are relevant to both the site and the working environment.
- Adherence to Health & Safety regulations.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
- Reconciling Fixed Asset Register to General Ledger
- Margin analysis and investigation of production variances
- Minimum 5 years' experience of working within a fast-paced
- management accounts environment
- Working with ERP and/or financial accounting systems
What you'll get in return
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Life Assurance
- Corporate discounts
- Pension Scheme - company matches up to 6%
- Annual Health
- Surveillance for all staff
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.