Group Financial Accountant
A permanent Group Financial Accountant job paying £35-40k for a large organisation based in Bromsgrove.
£35,000-40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a large, privately owned business in Bromsgrove with the recruitment of a Group Financial Accountant.
My client, a well-established and market-leading organisation within their industry, are seeking a qualified Accountant to join their finance team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the production of the monthly consolidation of the Group and for preparing the half yearly and full year financial accounts of the PLC and all its subsidiary companies for submission to the Group Financial Controller, the Board and for audit.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Production of the draft annual statutory accounts in IFRS and UKGAAP format
- Production of the half year interim statements for the Group under IFRS
- Production of the year end audit files and involvement in the statutory audits
- Preparation of the month end balance sheet reconciliations for all legal entities and the consolidated Group
- Responsible for the reporting of financial KPIs
- Production of management reporting of acquisitions trading results
- Production of annual budget and periodic reforecasting
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations
- Assisting in the production of financial due diligence report for potential acquisitions
- Assist management accounts team
- Ad hoc financial projects as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Practice background (Top 4 firm would be highly desirable) or a minimum of 5 year's experience in technical financial accounting positions
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Sage, TM1 and other finance packages
- Strong Excel skills (VLookUps, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines and plan/organise busy workloads
- Ability to work well as part of a team or under own initiative
- Delivery focused with a drive for quality throughout
What you'll get in return
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary and the chance to work for a reputable and growing organisation in Worcestershire. Alongside modern office facilities and excellent training and development opportunities, the company also offers an attractive benefits package which includes 22 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension scheme, secure onsite parking, employee referral bonus schemes, gym discounts, compressed working hours, share options and many more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.