The Finance Assistant will have responsibility for the core preparation of management accounts for the business. This role will require a high level of accuracy and a good understanding of double-entry bookkeeping. Must be able to work to time constraints and meet deadlines, work well as part of a team, and have the confidence to work under own initiative and provide support to immediate team members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weekly preparation/review of unit returns for individual contracts
- Monthly preparation of trading account results for individual contracts
- To assist operations managers in the monthly monitoring of income and costs against budget and forecasts and to promote the focus on increasing profitability and efficiency by challenging current practices.
- To carry out variance analysis on actual versus budget and forecasts and associated commentary to be included in the monthly management accounts report.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Various ad-hoc financial analysis
- To liaise with external parties in relation to any queries which may arise
- To maintain and update various financial models.
- To ensure the company job costing system (Integrity) is kept up to date by the units to ensure all records are accurately recorded
- Any other reasonable activities at the request of the finance manager
- Graduate-level or currently working towards a professional qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- High level of Excel skill
- Numerate with a passion for accuracy whilst working to tight timescales
- Meticulous and self-organised with an ability to prioritise
- Reliable and with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent relationship builder with an ability to work in teams
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, trust and professional ethics