An Accounts Assistant position for a leading shipping firm in London. This position provides career progression and study support.
My client is a leading shipping firm in London
The key responsibilities of this Accounts Assistant position include:
- Assist in preparation of monthly accounts for group reporting.
- Preparing and posting journals, i.e. prepayments, accruals, intercompany recharges and month end journals.
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, National Statistics Surveys, and the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Investigate material cost variances.
- Intercompany Reconciliations
- Assisting with the weekly and monthly financial trading reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of year end financial statements.
- Monitoring and developing internal controls and systems.
- Liaise with auditors and assist with the preparation of schedules for auditors.
- Identify and support continuous changes and improvements within the business
The successful candidate for this Accounts Assistant position will display the following:
- Numerate and knowledge of accounting principles i.e. double entry book-keeping/prepayments/accruals would be an advantage but not essential.
- Applicants must be self confident with good communication and problem solving skills and have experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation.
- Desire to pursue an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
- Be organised and able to prioritise own workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excel - intermediate Excel skills is essential.
- Knowledge of SUN Systems or equivalent and Vision would be an advantage but not essential.
This position offers the chance to join a leading international shipping firm in a progressive position which offers study support and other benefits.