- Working for New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider.
- Commercially focused role with exceptional career development opportunities.
- Competitive package
- Flexible working options
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We're committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.About the Role
This role is based in Hastings to support the Regional Manager and his management team.
You will become an important member of our regional leadership team and help us shaping the financial and commercial strategies for the region. This role may require some travel, so a mix of flexible and remote working are on offer. We are a service-based industry with plenty of exciting opportunities. Not only you can gain a lot of experience from working on a variety of commercial projects, but also you should be able to see the market reaction to your work. If you believe you can make a real difference to our business and customers, then this role is for you.
To be successful in this role you must have
- Work closely as an integrated part of the management team to provide guidance and analysis on strategic growth opportunities and operational efficiencies.
- Analyse and review cost analysis covering allocation, cost benefit, volume, profit, customer profitability and life cycle analysis.
- Collect, compile and analyse pricing, sales and market information in a format which assists senior management with market decisions.
- Prepare service and tender price modelling as required.
- Assist with preparing operating unit management reporting and formal business performance reviews.
- Partner with primary Operating Unit team/s to prepare Operating Unit plans and budgets in alignment with Divisional guidelines and timetables, incorporating appropriate challenge and analysis.
- A minimum 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Path to CAANZ/CPA membership.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office.
- Ability to collect and analyse data from multiple sources and systems.
- Ability to work both collaboratively in the finance team, and autonomously
- Interest in learning new systems, processes, various business streams and operational accounting.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to communicate complex financial information in a concise, non-technical manner.
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
With a track record of engaging with operational managers, gaining an understanding of their needs, and translating them into understandable financial, business and pricing models, you will help to determine our direction of travel. We are looking for you to bring your perspective, adding value by challenging the status quo with information and data that facilitates our quest for continuous improvement.How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.
Position description Apply now Share