Ready to seize the role of Senior Corporate Commercial Specialist and captain our journey through the dynamic realm of Waste Management NZ? If you're a seasoned pro at converting risks into opportunities, we're eager to welcome YOU aboard!About us
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We're committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.About the role
As the Risk Maverick & Corporate Guru, your mission is crystal clear — to revolutionize the landscape of insurance, property, and procurement at Waste Management NZ. Dive deep into the heart of commercial risk and emerge as the strategic powerhouse ensuring compliance, legal finesse, and ethical brilliance in all Waste Management activities.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of Waste Management NZ's businesses, markets, and competitors to provide effective insurance advice.
- Contribute to the planning, designing, and submitting of the annual insurance program.
- Collect, verify, and consolidate insurance and risk information according to Waste Management document management standards.
- Manage the renewal process from RFI to renewal, ensuring timely renewals with appropriate coverage.
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts to ensure operational efficiency and compliance.
- Stay informed about insurance, property, and procurement compliance and regulatory requirements, advising relevant stakeholders.
- Provide accurate and efficient insurance, property, procurement, fleet and risk advice to internal stakeholders.
- Manage ongoing subcontractor, property, and insurance relationships with external stakeholders.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Property & Insurance strategy for Waste Management NZ.
- Provide detailed reporting to regional GMs on property, insurance, procurement, and fleet performance.
- Engage in various projects, providing detailed reporting and feedback on risk and best practices.
- Regularly engage with branch managers, offering expert advice on fleet, property, and insurance document management.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business (Finance or Accountancy Major) or Law. Related Bachelor's degree preferable but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a financial/insurance advisory position within a consultancy environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing the insurance renewal process.
- Previous procurement experience.
- Strong knowledge of insurance products and services.
- Strong relationship and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytically minded with the ability to analyze complex information and evaluate risk.
- Intermediate negotiation and mediation skills.
Ready to embark on this exciting journey? Join Waste Management NZ, where every day is an adventure and every challenge is an opportunity waiting to be seized. Apply now and let's redefine the future together!How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now.
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.
Position description Apply now Share