Beyond Podiatry, Chesterfield, MIPosition Title: Controller/Sr. Controller Directly Supervise: Accounting StaffBasic Function: The individual is responsible, through personal efforts and leadership, for:
- Implementing and maintaining the organization's financial policies and procedures with an emphasis on accuracy, timing, and internal control.
- Compliance with, and adherence to, the organization's reporting standards and control requirements.
Responsibilities:1. Accounting Month End CloseAssume a leadership role for the accounting and reporting needs of the organization, including:
- Perform and supervise accounting month end close, to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for month end close activities for assigned entities/ locations
- Sign off on all general ledger monthly tasks completion: Revenue, AR, AP, accruals, payroll, bank activity and reconciliations, Credit cards activity and reconciliations, etc)
- As necessary assist with accounts receivables and patient deposits analysis
- Coordinate capital spending process/reporting and maintain fixed asset sub-ledger
- Assist with the integration of business development and growth activities onto the organization's financial platforms
2. Revenue Cycle Management
- Lead accounts receivables and patient deposits analysis
- Partner with clinical and operations functions regarding revenue cycle activities (billings/ collections)
- Resolve variances and protocols implementation for areas with direct impact to financial reporting
3. Financial Reporting/Consolidations: Assume a leadership role in the external and internal reporting needs of the organization, including:
- Assist with preparation of monthly /quarter and year-end financial consolidations
- Assist with preparation of audited financial statements reporting & foot notes disclosure
- Prepare entity reporting and analysis as necessary
4. Audit and Tax Responsibilities
- Interface with external auditors
- Take ownership coordinating the interim/ year-end audit process/ requirements/ testing and results/preparation of foot notes to the financial statements.
- Interface with external tax preparers
5. Budgeting/Forecasting and Financial Analysis
- Assist the operations team and other management through the budget and forecast process
- Assist the operations team and other management with variance analysis
6. Accounting Policies & Internal Controls Responsibilities
- Produce and continue to improve accounting processes/ Establishing and maintain internal controls
- Year-end internal control testing for Finance and HR/ Payroll processes at minimum
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Accounting policies implementation, updates, and maintenance.
7. Business development, M&A
8. Other as necessary
- Evaluate M&A and business development closing documents
- Record Opening balance sheets transactions
- Coordinate third party engagements for purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment and equity valuation periodical work
- Integration of new acquisition ERP platform
Assist and support management with:
Attributes / Position Requirements:
- Ad hoc special projects
- Third party valuations
- Other 3rd party due diligence engagements.
- Assist with new contracts and amendments interpretation as it relates to accounting for GAAP and tax requirements
- Public accounting background or a mix of public accounting and industry (5+ years)
- Knowledge of Intacct GL cloud-based application preferable (Sage/ Intact)
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred.
- Proficiency in GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Experience in a private equity backed company. MSO and/or healthcare experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and influence leadership, peers and external partners.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Experience developing, growing, and managing a team.
- Bachelors in accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred
Scope of Financial Responsibility:
- Fast-paced, collaborative/team focused environment.
- Standard working hours based on a 40-hour work week.
- Additional working hours required as needed to complete testing assignments and projects on schedule.
- Minimal travel as required for business needs.
- Follows all state regulations regarding professional license.
- Act in compliance with legal rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks