Construction Controller - Norcross, GA
A construction firm located in Norcross, GA is adding a Controller to its team. This position is responsible for managing all banking relationships, cash flow management, the budgeting process, and generating the financial reports each month to include fully reconciled general ledger accounts. This position is also responsible for working with the executive team to ensure the company has sound financial strategies in place.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage all accounting and finance employees.
• Develop accounting staff by designing and coordinating training.
• Implements and maintains internal accounting controls to ensure a professional and secure business environment.
• Leads the generation of company financial statements. Creates and communicates monthly financial reports, including variance analysis.
• Prepare and review journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
• Develops and coordinates the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual production of many operational focused reports including KPI monitoring tools.
• Lead and manage the process for the development of the annual operating budget and forecasts.
• Prepare presentation for the quarterly Board of Directors meeting.
• Monitor company debt levels and compliance with any credit facility covenants.
• Oversee third-party vendors in the areas of tax planning, external audits, financial audits and reviews; human resources, and insurance.
• Coordinate with the outside accounting firm to ensure all tax returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investment, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Monitor/analyze and report findings and report on all liens, bond claims, customs/tariff issues as appropriate.Requirements
- CPA and
- 7+ years of Construction Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Percentage of Completion (POC) Accounting Method is required.
- Experience with ERP implementations is a huge plus.
Compensation is up to $130K - $140k plus bonus.Requirements
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Proficiency in MS Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- Financial reporting experience
- Construction Accounting experience desired
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
Powered by JazzHR