Full-Time position; Non-exemptDepartment:
Chief Financial OfficerLocation:
PowerPhone is a leading provider of 911 technology. Our tools help 911 dispatchers ask better questions of callers and ensure safer outcomes for victims and responders. We are a 50-person, US-based, remote workforce. Founded in 1983, we have the mentality of a start-up, and pride ourselves on our long-tenured, empowered workforce. If you want to join a company that truly makes a difference and puts its people first, consider PowerPhone.Job Summary:
We are seeking a dedicated and highly organized full charge bookkeeper to administer all the day-to-day aspects of our accounting function. This role involves a range of responsibilities, including AP, AR, payroll, expense management, and documentation & reporting. Working directly with our CFO, the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring the smooth operation of the Administrative division in a remote work environment.Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the full cycle of accounting activities for the company, to include:
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable, including invoicing and collections
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements to ensure accuracy
- Review and process employee expense reports and reimbursements
- Manage payroll and employee benefits, including calculating and processing payroll, calculating bonuses and commissions, tracking vacation and sick time, and administering health insurance and retirement plans
- Work with CFO to review quarterly and annual tax filings, including sales tax, payroll tax and income tax
- Work with CFO to prepare and analyze financial statements and communicate financial information to management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in bookkeeping or accounting (Degree preferred)
- Proficiency in accounting software (QuickBooks Online preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Experience in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Knowledge of payroll processing and tax regulations (Gusto preferred)
- Experience in preparing financial statements and reports
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyze financial data and provide insight
- This is a remote position; the candidate must have a suitable home office setup.
- Availability during standard business hours, with occasional flexibility.
If you are a self-motivated and adaptable individual with experience in remote bookkeeping, we invite you to apply.
Powered by JazzHR