About This Role
This position will be responsible for ensuring the accurate presentation of financial records by providing accounting support and preparing some complex journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial analysis. This team member will work directly with varying levels of management and business partners throughout the organization through various forms of communication when accomplishing these tasks. In addition, this team member will create/update accounting policies, procedures, and memos.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Perform the monthly close responsibilities (journal entries, variance analysis, account reconciliations and management inquiries) associated with the assigned functional areas within Ace. Identify, propose, and implement process improvements/accounting changes to simplify or streamline the process and ensure accuracy in the accounting.
- Prepare higher level, more complex ad-hoc reports and analysis as assigned by management. This will require the Senior Accountant II to prepare analysis, interpret the results of the analysis, present findings and recommendations to management, and assist management in implementing any business or process changes resulting from the analysis.
- Assist business partners with more complex issues or functional areas within Ace requiring additional attention. Work with the stakeholders to gain an understanding of the area, determine the root cause of any issues identified, propose process improvements and assist with the implementation of the process improvements. In this capacity, the team member will be required to apply previous accounting and business experience to unique situations.
- Lead or assist on projects designed to improve accounting efficiency or drive higher quality deliverables. Manage the resources provided to ensure that the project goals are met on a timely basis. Create a final deliverable outlining the recommendations for improvement and barriers to implementation, and consideration of the implementation risks.
- Lead other projects or initiatives as assigned.
Experienced accounting professional who is an excellent communicator and passionate about their role, results and continuous improvement within the organization. You love learning new skills, working with your business partners and being part of a winning team.Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a financial/accounting capacity
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data mining skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Intermediate project management skills
- Ability to work with some supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with management throughout the organization
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint at an advanced level
- SAP or equivalent ERP system experience preferred
- CPA or In-Process
- SAP experience
$72900 - $91300 per yearWhy should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability - up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That's why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies. We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.Disclaimer
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual's education, training and experience, the position's work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.