Unit Description: Sodexo
has an opening for an experienced Unit Controller in the Northern Suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts
. The successful candidate will provide in and out of unit financial support for weekly flash projections, participation in final budget reviews, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for most unit finance questions and concerns. The successful candidate will manage all accounting and financial matters for several cost centers, including accounts payable/receivable, budget, payroll, reporting, inventory, chargebacks, etc. The Unit Controller will also perform trend analysis to assist decision making.The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Mastery level experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & computer skills
- Comfort leading frequent financial presentations to various levels of the organization
- Experience with budget model, forecast model & AOC tools a plus
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls.
- Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Manages all accounting and financial matters for single location account.
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions.
- Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions.
- Oversight of cash handling.
- Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Certify accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets.
- Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted.
- Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.