We are a lean, nimble, and highly adaptive team that works seamlessly and transparently with our Brands in order for them to take the spotlight. We focus our efforts and talents to drive best practices, capture new opportunities, and accelerate performance across our portfolio of brands. Joining the a.k.a. Brands team means rolling up your sleeves, digging into challenges, creating and implementing new strategies, and not being limited to the confines of a job title or job description. We all play on the same team and value the insights and contributions that every member of our team makes daily.
Working directly with the Director of SOX Compliance and Head of Internal Audit, our Sr Internal Auditor will help to execute and mature the overall SOX and Internal Audit programs for aka Brands. They will work with leadership across the company both at the corporate level as well as individual brand levels to ensure compliance and continuous improvement. *Role is hybrid. Candidates must live in Utah . Meetings in office occur 1-2 times a week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates as a team member on SOX and operational audits.
- Participates in projects, system implementations and process improvements.
- Follow-up on the status of prior audit/SOX observations.
- Communicate audit results and recommendations for improvement to Management and Senior Management.
- Perform independent SOX testing and relied upon as part of the annual audit process.
- Prepare and update process documentation including Narratives, Flowcharts and Risk and Control Matrices.
- Consult and provide insight related to risk mitigation, process improvements and best practices.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of related experience in audit, accounting, and finance.
- CPA, CISA, CA, CIA, or CFE highly desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience working with external auditors.
- Experience testing and reviewing SOX testing workpapers for both IT and Business Process controls.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Exposure to domains such as Finance/Audit/Risk/Compliance/Operational Risk/Operations.
- Intermediate knowledge of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies.
- Intermediate risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Intermediate financial and business acumen.
- Basic project management skills.
- Knowledge to act as an advisor by identifying opportunities for process and control improvements for partners.
- Technical knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, COSO, COBIT, SOX compliance requirements and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Hands-on experience weighing the pros and cons of different options and to see a problem through to solution.
- Ability to simultaneously perform a multitude of projects, initiatives, and tasks.
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.Benefits of Working at a.k.a. Brands:
Working with a best-in-class company, requires a best-in-class benefits and compensation offering. When taking on a role at a.k.a. Brands you will receive:
> Competitive market-based compensation and financial incentives.> A full range of company-sponsored health and welfare benefits > A sector leading 401(k) retirement program that matches 100% of your contributions up 5% of your pay> Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount> Generous discounts across our direct-to-consumer brands.> A time-off package that includes 35-days off per year> Learning, development, and stretch opportunities to help grow your career.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
a.k.a. Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. To facilitate this, we actively promote a culture of inclusivity internally and encourage both those with non-traditional backgrounds and candidates that identity as part of a traditionally marginalized community to apply for opportunities with us and our portfolio of brands. Additionally, we routinely review our hiring practices and recruiting sources to eliminate both potential and actual bias in the hiring process.If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability, please contact us at . Please note that we do not respond to application inquiries or resume submissions via this email address.CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants click
here.#akaBrands #akaBrandsCareers #akaYourCareerPrincipals Only. No Agencies Please.