Accounts Payable Specialist
West Des Moines, IA
Please, No Headhunters/Recruiters
Ivy Lane Corporation dba Valvoline Instant Oil Change is seeking a Full Time, temp to hire Accounts Payable Specialist
for its Headquarters in West Des Moines, Iowa. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
Valvoline thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced, can-do environment. To be successful in this role you must have a sense of urgency, be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment, be a highly organized self-starter and a team player.
Valvoline has a long legacy as an industry leader, with continued growth. Valvoline is built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. We are currently at 70 stores in Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Illinois. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what's right, treating every individual with respect, compassion, and integrity.
You will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Specialist
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Company Paid Holidays.
- Volunteer Paid Time Off (VTO).
- Company paid Life Insurance, Employee Assistant Program, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) with a company match
- Ongoing training and development
- High school graduate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in accounting or bookkeeping
- Good verbal and written communication skills, good problem-solving, data solving and typing skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with accounting software (ie. Peachtree, BusinessWorks)
The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices to ensure finances are accurate and up to date. Responsibilities
Perform other related duties as required
- Receive and verify invoice and requisitions for services
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Answer all vendor inquiries
- Audit invoices for payment
- Research and resolve any outstanding balances on accounts, including telephone, mail or email communications with vendors.
- Enter new or update vendor names and data, send W-9 to vendor.
- Complete credit applications as requested by vendors in order to establish a credit limit.
- Prepare necessary documents for monthly closings
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Provide backup support to Receptionist
- Provide backup support to Accounts Receivable Clerk
You can visit our web site for more information: www.bernaucapital.com Required experience:
- Accounting or Bookkeeping: 1 year
Ivy Lane Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer