Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002.
...What are you waiting for?! Big Picture -
Mortenson's Data Center Solutions Team is looking for an Associate Project Operations Accountant. This individual will provide accounting, financial and administrative support to Project Accountant(s), who in turn provide financial support to project management teams, overseeing completion of construction projects. This position is based in Minneapolis and remote work is not an option. What Will You Be Doing?
Assist Project Accountant(s) with daily support to project teams
- Regularly process subcontractor AFPs
- Prepare project billings and back-up support
- Print back-up support for cost-plus billings
- Ensure cash receipts are posted to the correct invoice
- Track subcontractor lien waivers for select projects
- Obtain invoice back-up for the sales, use tax filings and collect sales and use tax information
- Support project audits
- Pull back-up for project audits
Perform basic accounting functions
- Set up new subcontracts in the system
- Set up new vendor information and coordinate payments and daily check issuances
- Research and respond to questions from Accounts Payable
- Enter project billings into the system for lump sum billings
- Set up new team member information and upload weekly payroll for tradesperson workforce
Other duties as assigned, including:
How You Will Succeed?
- Provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain solid working relationships
- Contribute positively to the team
Education and Experience:
- Detail orientation
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point; as well as Lotus Notes required
- Effective communication and active listening skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and strong customer service skills
- Associate's or bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum one-year accounting experience
- Knowledge with ERP system preferred
- Construction-related business experience a plus
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.