Chief Operating Officer
Summary: Under the supervision of the Management Committee, implement the policies and directives of the owners to ensure the long-term viability and profitability of the Perry Veterinary Clinic, PLLC and related companies. Chief Operating Officer Job Responsibilities:
Chief Operating Officer Qualifications/Skills:
- Acts as a strategic partner with the ownership and works closely with the management team to ensure that the business is meeting performance expectations.
- Looks for methods to improve internal controls, quality, efficiency, and productivity that will result in reduced costs and increased profits.
- Works collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes and training that ensures excellent client service.
- Manages clinic finances and oversees the generation and review of accurate and complete financial reports on the operating condition of PVC.
- Oversees the fulfillment of human resource requirements for PVC: benefits, payroll, 401k, recruitment, employee handbook and onboarding, culture, performance management, and regulation compliance.
- Recruits, develops and motivates a high-performance managerial team across all business lines.
- Is hands on and demonstrates a willingness to take on new tasks with a general attitude that no task is too small, impossible, or cannot be improved.
- Helps to foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within PVC.
- Represents the firm with clients and business partners.
- Develop marketing programs that reflect the professional and business concerns of the company and oversee their implementation and effectiveness.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Business management
- Financial planning and strategy
- Personnel and human resource management
- Strategic planning and vision
- Promotion of process improvement
- Marketing and business development
- Budget development
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven management experience
- In-depth understanding of business management and decision-making including risk management, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- In-depth understanding of accounting principles including budgeting, balance sheets, income