Career Level Requirement
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor's degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. Give serious thought to your location preference. We strongly recommend applying to the location where you want to build your life and career long-term. Start Season & Year:
Summer 2024 Earliest Graduation Date:
Dec 2024 Latest Graduation Date:
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Intern to join our KPMG Tax practice. Responsibilities:
- Perform tax-related tasks, including compliance, advising and planning for a variety of clients in different industries, multistate and/or multinational enterprises including partnerships, corporations and S-corporations
- Participate in data analytics assignments using KPMG technology, the creation of tax return work papers and tax returns for our clients and the coordination of offshore resources
- Perform tax due diligence to identify tax exposures and opportunities
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning and controversies
- Help advise multinational enterprises on 1) business decisions, such as where to locate and operate, choice of entity, supply chain optimization and how to access and mobilize capital to fund global operations 2) tax planning decisions, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations while considering a multinational tax risk profile, global effective tax rate and cash posture
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on assignments and sustain excellent client relationships
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing the following degrees/majors; Bachelors and/or Masters degree in business, accounting, finance, taxation, mathematics, economics, information technology, data and analytics, engineering (financial, industrial or systems) or related fields
- Preferred: Degrees and/or areas of study: Accounting and Taxation
- Pursuing educational requirements for CPA licensure in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position
- Upon completion of this internship candidates must have additional academic credits to complete before obtaining their degree and/or CPA eligibility requirements
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future is preferred
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at "Benefits & How We Work".
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
California Salary Range: $75000 - $82000
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).