American Express invites you to share your resume so that you can be considered for future opportunities at various levels (Director, Manager, Senior Analyst, Analyst) within the Finance Organization (US only).
You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you'll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that's unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you'll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact-every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company's success. Together, we'll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world's best customer experience every day. And we'll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Finance Organization at American Express
Finance is at the center of all key business decisions, providing decision support, risk control, funding, reporting and transaction services that help grow our business and uphold American Express' reputation as one of the premier financial services organizations in the world. Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it's negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year's financial plan, as a member of the finance team you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company.
As American Express continues along an impressive growth trajectory, the company has launched Project Fast Forward to enhance its processes and to ensure we meet regulatory expectations across the company. As part of the Project Fast Forward expansion, we are looking for future finance colleagues who are motivated by working in a fast-paced environment, delivering results, and collaborating with partners across the enterprise and have experience with Liquidity Risk Management, US Regulatory Reporting, Data Governance, Data Sourcing & Analytics at a Category III+ Financial Institution, Bank Holding Company or Regulatory Agency.
What type of work can you expect to do as part of the Finance Organization at American Express?
* Provide best-in-class financial analysis and decision support to the organization to achieve financial targets and inform strategy
* Influence business partners with sound logic and comprehensive analyses like monthly financial forecasts, risk/opportunity assessments, etc.
* Build and maintain relationships with key business partners and finance colleagues to deliver on results
* Learn how to articulate decisions clearly and gain buy-in from stakeholders across the business by preparing and presenting key recommendations to senior management
* Gather and analyze information from a wide array of sources; identify trends and articulate how those trends impact our businesses
* Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
* Hone analytical acumen, communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for. Do these describe you?
* Solid financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data from multiple sources, spot trends & generate meaningful insights to drive growth for our businesses
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Power-point), knowledge of programming languages is a plus
* A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build trust-based relationships within the finance team and with business partners across locations / geographies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to communicate financial results to non-finance partners
* Highly motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity and proven ability to manage and prioritize workload across multiple projects/issues to drive results while meeting critical deadlines
* Flexible to quickly adjust around shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change
* Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, or related field; MBA or graduate degree is a plus
* Experience in financial services/bank card/business development or other relevant experience is a plus
* Experience from a Category III+ Financial Institution or Bank Holding Company is a plus
* Experience from OCC, SEC, FDIC, Federal Reserve or Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a plus
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $155,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
* Competitive base salaries
* Bonus incentives
* 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
* Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
* Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
* 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
* Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
* Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
* Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the "Know Your Rights" poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.