Aalis Management Consulting is an 8(a) certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) driven by the same principles that guide our armed forces. Founded by a US Army veteran, we take pride in our core values: excellence in reputation, commitment, candor, teamwork, and dependability.Title:
Senior Federal Accounting SpecialistClient:
Federal Agency Location:
Washington D.C.Ability to Work:
Public Trust Security Clearance Statement:
This position requires a government security clearance; the applicant must be a US Citizen for consideration.Number of Position(s):
Monday - FridayJob Description:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- We are seeking an experienced Senior Federal Accounting Specialist to join our team in Government Administration. As a Senior Federal Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for reviewing all Federal reports, such as overseeing various accounting tasks and financial management processes for the federal agency. You will be critical in ensuring compliance with federal financial regulations and maintaining accurate and transparent financial records.
- Provide proprietary financial reporting information and information about budget execution to the Department of Treasury via the governmentwide Treasury Account Symbol Adjusted Trial Balance System (GTAS).
- Quarterly reporting of SF 133 that provides the Department of Treasury on Budget Execution and Budgetary Resources.
- Review the reporting accuracy and assist Financial Management staff with report variances research.
- Review reconciliation of accounts to ensure subsystems agree to the General Ledger and/or Treasury balances and recommend journal entries to adjust balances as necessary.
- Support financial statement audits, prepare and respond to Prepared by Client requests, and meet with external auditors to develop work plans, and draft financial statements and related notes.
- Identify if there are any other Federal reporting requirements applicable to the client.
- Document the reporting process, including how the data is generated and whether adequate validation and review processes are in place to ensure accurate data is reported according to OMB guidance.
- Develop recommendations for improvements in internal controls and develop justification for financial/accounting policy to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse and discourage errors and irregularities.
Aalis Management Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in federal accounting.
- Excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative, results-driven workplace.
Powered by JazzHR