The Payroll Tax Accountant is responsible the Company's tax administration, analysis and compliance for Employer related payroll tax considerations. This position must work collaboratively with internal and external clients, State and Federal agencies, outside tax accountants,attorneys and other service providers in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
The Tax Accountant is responsible for the analysis of and coordination of tax related recommendations (to CFO & VP of Finance), assessing and commutating risks, reviewing business transactions, the tax impact of client implementation, and recommends (to CFO & VP of Finance) optimal tax structures.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and files timely federal, state and local payroll tax returns (monthly/quarterly/annual)
- Import, review and remit daily/monthly/quarterly payroll taxes
- Reconciles tax discrepancies, import quarterly payroll tax data, post and research variations in order to file accurate and timely returns
- Ensure that all payroll tax functions, as outlined in SOC compliance documentation are being followed
- Assist in year-end financial audit including W-2's to Payroll System/GL reconciliations and tax liability reconciliations/accruals
- Research and respond to payroll tax related questions from executives, sales team, clients and internal service team.
- Bridge tax Payroll System to MasterTax; review, audit and post import
- Update/Maintain SUTA and FUTA rates in MasterTax and Payroll System
- Review and set up new clients‘ payroll tax codes, rates and tax payments in internal systems
- Prepare tax forecast for black book
- Work with and advise Implementation team on new client set-up and transitional issues that may affect client due to new relationship; Set up and/or audit successor wage/payroll tax information/imports
- Apply/close account to (Fed), State and City
- Follow up tax notices with Fed, State and City to resolve any discrepancies
- Perform other related duties as required
- Detailed knowledge/experience with tax and payroll software (MasterTax and iSolved are the software programs that we use), as it relates to payroll taxes
- Microsoft Dynamics GP financial management/accounting software
- Proficient in general Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required, (proven ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets including pivot tables)
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
Today's HR is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.