The DuPage County Health Department is accepting applications for an Accountant position to support the Finance/Accounting Team, Department Leadership and Program Managers. This position will provide direct support to the Accounting Manager, perform a variety of general and grant accounting tasks, collaborate with the Finance/Accounting team and Managers responsible for internal and grant budgets. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
This position works out of our Wheaton location, and is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) benefited position. The regular schedule for this position includes working from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Can you say benefits? This position offers a full, DuPage County, benefit package which includes 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid vacation per year and paid sick time. This is also a pension eligible position and we are a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Maintains fiscal records through the application of professional accounting principles and methods
- Maintains and reconciles funds allocated and disbursed
- Performs grant accounting functions including billing, reconciliation, reporting and grant close outs
- Reconciles cash balances for grants
- Maintains fiscal records and documents for auditors
- Verifies accuracy of computer reports
- Maintains ledger
- Establishes and maintains cost accounting systems
- Performs high level analytical exercises
- Provides fiscal support for all levels of the management team
- Assists in preparation of the annual budget
- Assists with the preparation of special accounting reports
- Supports the month end close process
- Aids in the preparation of various reports related to federal funding
- Reconciles and prepares schedules in support of the annual audit
- Participates in emergency response activities as assignedCompletion of a bachelor's degree in Accounting and three years of accounting experience, including some experience in government accounting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
CPA certification is desired, but not required.
DuPage County Health Department is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.