Posting Number: S000560
Posting Type: External - Open to All Applicants
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Position Type: Administrative Staff
Benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription insurance, Life insurance, Workers' Compensation insurance, Unemployment insurance, and Total Disability insurance. Retirement: The University contributes 4% of the regular salary with up to 3% additional in matched contributions into the TIAA Retirement Program. Other benefits include tuition remission for employee, spouse, and employee's dependent children under the age of 25 (this does not include the last two year of the PharmD program or the JD), twenty days of vacation and twenty days of paid medical leave per year.
This position is primarily responsible for the analysis of financial information and preparation of appropriate financial reports. This financial information is used in the preparation of entries into the general ledger and for the documentation of business transactions. Also within the scope of this position lies the responsibility of analyzing financial information related to assets, liabilities, and capital; the preparation of reports which summarize the current and projected financial position of the University; supervision of the accounts payable process; and assistance with post-award grant accounting.
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Accounting Manager assists in a wide variety of accounting and financial responsibilities.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and report packages.
- Perform month end reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
- Prepare various collegiate surveys and reports as directed by the Controller.
- Oversee the fixed asset accounting system.
- Perform the analysis and reconciliation of various financial accounts, bank accounts, investment accounts, payroll and inventory systems.
- Assist in the monthly and fiscal year-end financial closing process and related statement preparation.
- Assist the Controller with all financial audits.
- Prepare various year end working papers and schedules for University annual audit.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns.
- Act as a general resource person for finance inquiries.
- Assist in financial system implementation projects.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of accounting staff members.
- Supervise the accounts payable process.
- Provide assistance with post-award grant accounting.
- Excellent customer relations, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in accounting, as well as demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in financial accounting principles and techniques.
- Ability to effectively deal with sensitive fiscal issues and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong commitment to service, support, and transparency to the University community.
- Ability to take the initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities and to prioritize and organize work to accomplish departmental goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a closely related field.
- Five or more years of relevant accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- CPA and/or MBA.
- Experience with Banner information systems.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment. ONU celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Appointment Length: 12-months
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants: