Amazon Advertising seeks a strategic business partner to provide data insights to its Ads Sales Team responsible for influencing new ad product and feature development. We are looking for a top analytical mind to develop key performance indicators to provide guidance for new sales initiatives and product feature launches.
This role will work closely with both Sales and Product stakeholders to determine the long-term strategy on how best to delight Amazon's customers and drive long-term success.
A successful candidate will embrace ambiguity and combine deep analytical skills with strong business acumen to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and clear communication of insights and recommendations.
Develop quantitative models necessary for evaluating technology product/feature adoption.
Build, iterate, and automate financial reports, metrics, and scorecards to support short and long-term planning while working closely with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIE).
Provide financial reporting on the performance of the business and contribute deep-dive analyses and insights for Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews.
Partner with cross functional teams such as Product, Sales, Analytics, and broader Finance teams for automation and scalability.
Audit business/financial performance regularly and coordinate with other stakeholder teams including Product and partner Finance teams.
Provide strategic support to Stakeholders to aid in prioritization of focus to deliver key business objectives.
A day in the life
The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and have highly respected business acumen. This role partners directly with cross-functional leadership and multiple Advertising Finance teams, and requires a combination of strong communication and technical skills.
About the team
The Product Sales Specialist Finance team is part of Amazon Advertising Finance Team which supports both Sales as well as Product. The team acts as the primary finance partner for Product Sales Specialists and will work closely with the business to help Amazon become the preferred advertising partner for its customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
* 3+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
* 4+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
* 4+ years of creating process improvements with automation and analysis experience
* 4+ years of identifying, leading, and executing opportunities to improve, automate, standardize or simplify finance or business tools and processes experience
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, statistics or business, or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of quantitative role (engineering, process re-engineering, quality assurance) experience
* Experience with advanced use of SQL for data mining and business intelligence
* 4+ years of participating in continuous improvement projects in your team to scale and improve controllership with measurable results experience
* MBA, or CPA
* Knowledge of Tableau
* Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $56,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $128,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.