Benefits Analyst - Employee Health & Benefits - Troy, MI (MMA Upper Midwest)
Our not-so-secret sauce.
Award-winning, inclusive, Top Workplace culture doesn't happen overnight. It's a result of hard work by extraordinary people. More than 9,000 of the industry's brightest talent drive our efforts to deliver purposeful work and meaningful impact every day. Learn more about what makes us different and how you can thrive as a Benefits Analyst at MMA.
Marsh McLennan Agency (MMA) provides business insurance, employee health & benefits, retirement, and private client insurance solutions to organizations and individuals seeking limitless possibilities. With 170 offices across North America, we combine the personalized service model of a local consultant with the global resources of the world's leading professional services firm, Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC).
A day in the life.
As our Benefits Analyst on the Employee Health & Benefits team, you'll obtain and analyze group benefit program proposals for both clients and prospects. The Benefits Analyst will analyze bids for group health and welfare coverage for clients, provides benchmarking research and analysis, and develops detailed client reports. The BA provides substantial financial analysis for 8-12 clients on average.
The BA works on moderate to high complexity cases, demonstrating a high level of accuracy within their work product. This position spends approximately 90% of their time in Excel.
Our future colleague.
We'd love to meet you if your professional track record includes these skills:
* Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics or other related area preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in the healthcare benefits industry working for a group, insurance carrier, broker or general agency preferred.
* Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision & life and disability products) preferred.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Able to follow directions, be detailed, organized and resourceful.
* Ability to work under extreme pressure (tight deadlines & juggling many projects).
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We know there are excellent candidates who might not check all of these boxes. Don't be shy. If you're close, we'd be very interested in meeting you.
We value and respect the impact our colleagues make every day both inside and outside our organization. We've built a culture that promotes colleague well-being through robust benefit programs and resources, encourages professional and personal development, and celebrates opportunities to pursue the projects and causes that give colleagues fulfilment outside of work.
Some benefits included in this role are:
* Generous time off, including personal and volunteering
* Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
* Hybrid work
* Charitable contribution match programs
* Stock purchase opportunities
To learn more about a career at MMA, check us out online: http://marshmma.com/careers or flip through our recruiting brochure: https://bit.ly/3Qpcjmw
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to meet our colleagues and see what makes us tick.
Who you are is who we are.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
Marsh McLennan and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.