The Staff Accountant role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about auditing and is looking to step into a highly visible role with sophisticated clients. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, or Louisville
while receiving mentorship and support from seasoned industry professionals in the market.
The LBMC Audit Staff Accountant will work on a diverse set of accounting and auditing projects encompassing client operations across a wide range of industries. Qualified candidates will typically be assigned 8-12 client accounts and will rotate projects based on company needs and project stakeholder timelines, so this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a fast-paced environment where no two weeks are the same! High-performing candidates have a clearly defined path for advancement to Senior Staff and upper-level management roles within LBMC. SCOPE OF WORK
- Receive mentorship from seasoned industry professionals on how to utilize standardized firm best-practices to audit our clients' processes and procedures in established areas to assess risk and evaluate efficiency and effectiveness
- Act in a consultative manner to audit areas of client operations including, but not limited to; cash, A/R, A/P, inventories, property and equipment, long-term debt, accrued expenses, equity, revenues, expenses, internal controls, analytical procedures
- Work collaboratively with assigned project team members to compile appropriate documentation and present audit results to clients
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Under the direction of Managers and Senior Staff, work diligently building relationships with key stakeholders at client organizations to continue to foster a long-term partnership between the LBMC Audit Department and external clients. High-performing individuals will be alert to client needs for the possible expansion of services to other LBMC service lines
- Adheres to LBMC's defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy, and other regulating bodies as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree and ability to sit for the CPA exam (150 credit hours)
- Exposure to public accounting is a plus (internships or full-time work accepted)
- Willingness to travel to client sites as requested
LBMC is built on individuals with entrepreneurial spirits and believe in the power of a hybrid workforce. We are consistently named a Pacesetter for Growth in the U.S. as we continue to add team members to each of 4 LBMC offices in the Southeast and remote. LBMC also continues to receive accolades including being noted as a Fortune Great Place to Work, a Top 5 Firm in the Southeast, a Top Accounting Firm on Accounting Today's Top 100 list, Best Firm in Technology, Best Workplace in Consulting & Professional Services, and more! We are proud to provide individualized career paths regardless of team member location and work schedules.
LBMC offers competitive benefits including generous PTO schedules, dynamic technology solutions for remote work, robust Talent Development and continuing professional education programs, inclusive Business Resource Groups, enhanced parental leave, thoughtfully structured mentorship and individual development programs, and more. We are committed to giving back to our local communities through LBMC initiatives such as Lending Hands and the LBMC Cares Foundation to support causes important to team members. While we may have a global footprint, we still believe in the power of southern hospitality and supporting the causes that matter to both our team members and clients and are committed to enhancing team member benefits as we identify gaps and changes in the marketplace.
LBMC values individuals with a growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit, so if you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions-LBMC is the place for you! If you are interested in joining a firm that provides personalized career paths, the opportunity to work with sophisticated clients around the US, and encourages a "work that works for you" mentality, please reach out. Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
*LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to any protected class as defined by federal, state, and local laws.*
Powered by JazzHR