The Enterprise Pricing Analyst
will leverage strategic frameworks, competitive research and business data to help develop and drive continued adoption of Enterprise Pricing strategies across the business. Provide analytical, process and systems support to merchandising teams to enable strategic management of enterprise pricing and profitability, from purchase price through end consumer retail.What you'll do:Retail Pricing & Profitability Strategy, Analysis & Insights:
Wholesale Pricing & Profitability Strategy, Analysis & Insights:
- Set and maintain Ace Hardware's everyday retail price recommendations for assigned categories including current and new SKUs
- Monitor and react to cost and competitive changes and pro-actively develop pricing opportunities to drive retailer profitability. (Work may include excel based analysis or pricing management software)
- Analyze and communicate sales and margin impact of retail pricing and/or cost changes to merchant team
Pricing Maintenance Simplification, Maintenance & Support:
- Conduct Ad-Hoc Analysis to Support Definition and Refinement of Wholesale Pricing Strategy
- Partner with Merchants to Analyze Pricing Simulations (mass valid reports and/or custom) & Develop Recommendations
- Manage Wholesale Competitive Strategy, Analysis & Insights
Store Retail Pricing Support:
- Partner with Traffic and Merchants to execute cost changes and ensure freight Rates are updated and incorporated into pricing (Cost change portal).
- Investigate / troubleshoot and correct SKU purchase price and/or retailer cost issues in SAP including root cause analysis and process improvements to prevent in future
- Work collaboratively within the retail pricing team to share best practices and learnings with teammates
- Maintains daily dashboards/exception reports including but not limited to $0 Retails, Low Margin SKU Report, MAP pricing, Vendor Change Dashboard
- Executes additional ad hoc tasks in SAP- Reduced Handling, Patronage Code and Flag
Contribute in the Category Review Process as Assigned:
- Review store inquiries related to retail pricing and provided resolution
- Maintain tracking of issues through resolution
- Ensure issues are resolved within the SLA timeframe
What you will need:Experience and Technical Requirements:
- Work collaboratively with Category Management and Merchandising to ensure common understanding of the category strategy
- Analyze pricing of the assortment incorporating the category strategy and present how it translates to an overall pricing strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years analytical experience in Retail, CPG or Management Consulting industries
- Prior experience with SAP Cost/Price Management systems preferred
- Prior retail and/ customer service experience preferred
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret complex data
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written to various levels of corporate and retail management (e.g., manager through VP and store associate through owner)
- Highly creative, flexible and adaptable with good follow-through
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with analytical and visualization tools such as Alteryx or Power BI preferred
$70000-$86000Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability - up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That's why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies. We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.Disclaimer
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual's education, training and experience, the position's work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.