Savino Del Bene is a Global Freight Forwarding Company headquartered in Florence, Italy. With more than 285 offices and 5,000 employees globally, Savino Del Bene is one of the leading logistics company that offers import, export, customs brokerage services and warehousing third party solutions servicing several Vertical Markets. We are currently seeking a professional and Controller to join our corporate Finance/Accounting team in Avenel, NJ.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of economic-financial reports
- Definition and monitoring of economic-financial KPIs
- Monitoring and supervision of economic and equity data
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company s performance.
- Partners with Payroll for semi-monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as 401K audits
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Experience in medium to large-structured companies in freight forwarding/logistics companies
- Undergraduate degree in accounting / Master degree in Business Administration/Information System
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of USA GAAP. Knowledge of IFRS principles will be preferred
- Fluent in English
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Communicative-relational skills
- Willingness to make transfers
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Salary based on experience
- 401K with Match
- Full Medical Benefit
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time